Tuesday, May 17, 2011

how you think you've changed since October?

I will answer this with a message sent to me by a close friend: "In a lot of ways this time last year you were still a girl….in a t-shirt and a skirt. Your mind was still in college, trapped in your youth. What I saw yesterday was a woman…in a nice dress and heels. I saw a person who had grown emotionally and physically…a person who had blossomed because she had become battle tested. Sometimes when a person grows and changes emotionally their physical appearance can change. The woman I see now, she wears her scars proudly and beautifully and she garners her strength and independence from her many tragic experiences. She has never given up even in the face of trauma." - don't you just love being talked about in the third person?

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment