Tuesday, September 21, 2010

glitterati edition: september's fire

I know, I know...I'm mad late with the shoe blog extraordinaire's monthly fetish, my apologies. I just got back from a trip to Hollywood so this seems appropriate...I'm about to make it up to you (and myself)...

right. now.

Stella Multi
 My pick for this month gives anything glitterati a true run for it's title. Available from Bakers ($79.95, retail) in 3 addictive metallic schemes (Gold, Multi, & Silver), the Stella is the perfect bootleg Carrie Bradshaw Louboutin heartthrob for less than 10% of the price. 

Louboutin Pigalle (debut: Sex and the City 2)
As you might know already, I am the epitome of the minimalistic creator when it comes to fashion and I picture these in any scheme going indubitably well with solid colors, especially black or a deep purple. But if you actually want to follow a trend of sorts, the Stella gives a stellar performance with animal prints as well (i.e. Stella Gold with Zebra print)...everyone's go-to dress-up/dress-down pattern for the upcoming season, Fall 2010. Thus, the Stella is a perfect accessory for Fall outings & Winter holidays.



Stella Gold
I've always been one to go for more subtle twists when outfitting BUT I fell in love with the loud statement made by this shoe. Because a glitter shoe tells a story of 1,000 words, when wearing the Stella, it's not necessary to accessorize much at all. The lack of need to accessorize is my fashion "easy button" (wink, wink). Of course the main pitfall here is that Louboutin would have gone broke and died if he stooped to Bakers level on this one...Stella is a self-proclaimed stunt double to say the most. The lack of commonality between the Pigalle and the Stella is indisputable, but some of us aren't millionaires.


Stella Silver

Anyone that says they'd wear sparkling shoes and not be looking to accomplish star appeal is telling a very bad lie. Putting on a pair of shoes should always complete your look and give you a sense of a grand finale. I always save my shoes for the very end and nothing feels like the anticipation of putting them on last...it's like icing on a cake.
 
Why not bedazzle your look with an edgy basic pump this Fall/Winter while everyone else is rocking booties?
Fergie (right, Silver) and SJP (left, gold) rocking Pigalle



peace, love and shoes

2 comments: