Wednesday, May 30, 2012

hotter than what's in your wallet

Anyone who knows about my penchant for color-blocking and knack for turning my morning commute into a runway knows that nothing warms my heart like great collab. Creativity is so very hard to come by these days when everyone is hanging on to the latest and greatest trend. Luckily for me I happen to live with someone whose fashion interest and keen eye for coordination mirrors and in a lot of cases supersedes my own. Fashion is not just what we wear...it shapes who we choose to be on any given day. I'd die for fashion, go bankrupt for it...because it has given me everything I've ever needed to survive: confidence, courage, freedom, autonomy, sacrifice...

For this reason, I have decided to feature an outfit each week here on my blog and leave it to guesses how much dough was put into achieving the look. Just for fun, just for shits and giggles and perhaps just to spread some wonderfully contagious ideas.

My first subject is my roommate. She showcased this vintage mosaic of brilliance to me early last week and I'm thrilled to share her amazing prowess...

How much in total do you think this outfit (shoes, skirt, top) cost? Post a comment with your guess!! Answers will be given at the end of the week.

Week 1: White high waisted skirt, Hot Pink Patent Pumps, Houndstooth Silk top

Want to be featured?! Email 28starsontheceiling@gmail.com with photos of your greatest couture cash-ins!!




4 comments:

  1. I'm gonna say all in all, the outfit was about 160

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is rounded up to $100.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather is the closest with her guess...the total cost is an estimated $140!! See you next week for another round of guesses. ;)

    ReplyDelete