Thursday, August 27, 2009

'when keeping it real goes wrong'


I graduated from high school and I must have missed the memo that said it was a crime to talk about people. If it is indeed a crime, I'd like to sue about half of my senior class for upwards of $2 million...yea, that should do it.

If you are a(n) [insert word here], why shouldn't someone be able to write about it? It's really not as bad as hearing people spin off about you. And, if you have enough money to live safely in a country where free speech, press, & expression are prohibited...yea, you know where I am going with that. I have no problem encouraging people who hate this country to move.

First, that's what you get for being a celebrity. Second, that's what you get for living here, aka the United States of Hornblowers.

1 comment:

  1. I don't agree. This is a case of libel and defamation. I feel the model had just cause to know the identity of her accuser. By all means, have opinions. But this accuser had a sinister motive; she was looking to do harm to the model's career and image.

    People think that because someone chooses a career path that leads to celebrity, they then cease to be people with rights and privacy. Just as you can be held responsible for telling lies about a person in your apartment complex, you should be held responsible for telling lies about anyone.

    The internet has created an interesting case for free speech. In America, I interpret our freedom as 'the freedom to do/say anything you want, as long as it does not encroach on the freedoms of others.' I believe the blogger in this case, overstepped the bounds.

    ReplyDelete