Tuesday, April 26, 2011

the view from the windowsill

I suppose it's a little late for me to wish you all a Happy New Year...I've not posted updates in awhile. It's been about 6 months since I've blogged consistently. After excessive traveling and a much need hiatus from writing...I'm going to attempt a comeback.

I've been extremely busy with several projects, the most time consuming of which being my road to becoming a distinguished designer. I have joined arms with another fashion enthusiast to ensure the ultimate success of a brand called Modern Gentry (MG), in New York. I'm elated to be a part of something that's conducive to my own success and bubbling over with potential. Of course I'm also happy to have started to make tracks in one of my favorite cities on Earth. There will be more details about this project to follow in a later post.

Since October, I've taken on at least 4 jobs at any given time and to an extent, become a workaholic. For a time it was exhilarating because I was free to pursue my passions, whatever I wanted...and I had the time. Although I've accomplished some tremendous tasks relative to my career and the rebuilding of my life in the past few months, I've not taken the time to settle down and appreciate the general movement of life.

My work has been inundated with travel and I think that's part of the reason I can't seem to achieve a feeling of being settled. Since October, I've lived in at least 3 different cities/states at one time. I've recently been able to limit my travel to the back and forth between NYC and DC, with the exception of a week in New Orleans and 2 weeks in Atlanta. I'm extremely lucky to have had the opportunities I've had and I'm so fortunate to have seen as much of the world as I've seen in such a short time. From corporate apartment to corporate apartment to finally...a place I can call my own, I am still missing something: idle time.

I like to make lists...so recently I jotted down a few projects I want to remain actively engaged in. Letting my hands do the talking for me has helped tremendously with the task of putting life and what's truly important back into perspective. I have some fat to trim which is always difficult for a person like me. I've already started cutting back on a few things and the alone time I get as a result is truly refreshing and beautiful. I enjoy myself and the city so much more. I'm just trying to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment