Sunday, October 24, 2010

october's fire

Steve Madden's Neley in 2-toned black
I've chosen this Fall to be unfaithful to the usual cool weather trend of donning booties with revealing sweater dresses of 346,822,762 colors. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my booties but...I've completely succumbed to OTK (over-the-knee) madness with my fire pick for October! I can't lie though, I've never been a fan of mid-length boots so much as I've been a fan of booties and thigh-highs. Beware of my boot-prejudice before continuing to read.

Although I feel the name (it's kind of gnarly sounding?) does not do this fab boot any justice in the attractive marketing department, Neley's explosive two-toned (part sturdy leather, part smooth suede) figure more than makes up for this. Available from Steve Madden stores and Nordstrom (also check this site for written reviews), (169.95, retail) this boot is perfect for the impending cold and the ideal fashion choice for the season that challenges us to outfit ourselves in our hottest yet less revealing garb.
  
The Neley is worn perfectly with most Fall outfits, especially body-hugging sweater dresses or a pair of multi-wash jeans and a strong shoulder top or my favorite, a blazer! Any kind of accessory is explosive when paired with this daring boot. Due to the boot's material contrast of leather to suede, heavy metal or multi-shade metallic accessories pair the best. OTK boots instantly up the ante for any fashion statement. 


These boots do not add any color to an outfit which is the first of its 2 pitfalls. They really only serve to accent legs and embolden your image. The second pitfall is the 1.25 inch platform at the front of the boot. In terms of trend history platforms fall in and out of it more regularly than a 3-month old baby cries. Not that I'd be so worried about this being that platforms will always be back "in" because history repeats itself.


peace, love and shoes



No comments:

Post a Comment